About the library
The Terryberry Branch was built on land once owned by William Terryberry and his wife Anne Young, who came to Upper Canada circa 1806. Prior to the War of 1812, William Terryberry owned an inn that was a popular stopover for travellers making the trip from Niagara to Ancaster. In January 1970, Terryberry Branch was the third branch to open on Hamilton Mountain. The Branch was renovated in 1990-91, to include a second floor with expanded collection space, as well as a larger and improved reading and study space. Terryberry Branch was most recently renovated in 2012.