About the library
The first library in Dundas was established in 1822. In 1909, the Carnegie Library opened at King and Ogilvie Streets and remained in operation until 1970, when a new adult library opened a few doors away. The Carnegie Library continued to house the Children’s Department until 1979 when a new addition at the Ogilvie site finally allowed for the integration of both into one facility. Today, the Branch offers materials and programming for children, teens and adults.
There is paid parking for the Dundas Branch behind the building, with access to the lot from Hatt Street and Miller's Lane. Parking here is free on Saturdays and Sundays. Parking is also available in front of the library and in the surrounding area.