Hamilton Public Library supports local artists, artisans and organizations by providing free exhibition space.
Nicole Levaque works through sculptural installations and ceramics to address hierarchies of consumption, chronic pain and her emotional attachment to objects. She uses ceramics for its familiarity rooted in touch and the immediacy of its materiality. Each vessel is handbuilt, precarious in the interpretation of usefulness and function.
|Mon, Mar 20||9:00AM to 8:00PM|
|Tue, Mar 21||9:00AM to 8:00PM|
|Wed, Mar 22||9:00AM to 8:00PM|
|Thu, Mar 23||9:00AM to 8:00PM|
|Fri, Mar 24||9:00AM to 6:00PM|
|Sat, Mar 25||9:00AM to 5:00PM|
|Sun, Mar 26||12:00PM to 5:00PM|
The first Hamilton Public Library building opened on September 16, 1890 by the Earl and Countess of Aberdeen on the north side of Main Street West. In 1913, a new main library opened. This building was replaced in 1980 by Central Library, at the current location on York Boulevard.
In 2010, Central Library re-opened after approximately 18 months of renovations. Central Library opened with a newly revitalized first floor, which includes a Community Living Room that takes advantage of natural light. The Ontario Library Association honoured Central in 2012 with an Architectural and Design Transformation award.